How to make cat shaped cake
Learn how to make mini Cat Shaped Cake, a petite treat that’s fun and easy to create. This mini cake recipe helps you to make 6 kinds of mini cat shaped cakes in one go, which included black cat, tabby cat, siamese cat, white cat, calico cat and abyssinian cat – or any cats you like!
Dough: Strong Flour – 140g, Sugar – 14g, Salt – 2g, Instant Dry Yeast – 2g, Skim Milk – 6g, Water – 90g, Unsalted Butter – 14g
Decoration and others: Chocolate – 30g, Cocoa Powder – 1/4 tsp, Bamboo Charcoal Powder – 1/4 tsp, Edible Cake Makers in Blue, Green, Yellow, Pink, White and Black
1. Mix all the ingredients and unsalted butter to form a dough.
2. Divide the dough evenly into 3 parts. Make a gray dough and a plain dough. Further divide one of the parts into 2 parts to make a brown dough and a black dough.
‧ Brown Dough: Knead the dough with cocoa powder mixed with ¼ tsp of water
‧ Gray Dough: Knead the dough with a small amount of bamboo charcoal powder
‧ Black Dough: Knead the dough with all the remaining bamboo charcoal powder
3. Separate the dough with parchment paper. Place it in a bowl covered with a lid and let it rise until double its size – about 1-2 hour.
4. Divide the white dough and the gray dough into half. Cut 1g of dough from the brown dough and the black dough. Cover the dough with a wet towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Roll dough into a circle and put 5g of chocolate into each dough.
6. Press dough with the palms gently
7. Divide the 1g black dough into half and roll into circles. Roll the 1g brown dough into circle.
8. Put one of the small black dough on the plain dough to make a siamese cat cake. Put the small black dough and brown dough on the plain dough to make a pair of ears of a calico cat cake.
9. Grease the Cat Shaped Mini Cake Pan with oil. Transfer the dough into the Cat Shaped Mini Cake Pan and press the dough gently.
Get your Cat Shaped Mini Cake Pan HERE
10. Cover the pan with the lid and let it rise for 15 minutes. Preheat an oven to 160°C.
11. Bake the dough in oven for 18 minutes at 140°C. Remove the dough from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
12. Use edible cake markers to draw 4 blue circles, 2 green circles and 6 yellow circles in 13mm.
13. Once the circles become solid, complete the eyes with black and white edible cake markers.
14. Draw a pair of ears on the Siamese cat cake with black edible cake markers.
15. Put a pair of yellow eyes on the black cat cake, calico cat cake, and abyssinian cat cake. Put a pair of blue eyes on the tabby cat cake and Siamese cat cake. Put a pair of green eyes on the gray cat cake.
16. Draw the marking with brush and watered bamboo charcoal powder on the tabby cat cake.
17. Draw the noses and mouths with bamboo skewer dipped with watered bamboo charcoal powder.
18. Make some touch up on the ears and cheek with pink edible cake makers – Finished!